As a student society, FreshAir.org.uk pledges to make the following mainstreamed adjustments in order to ensure we are as accessible as possible for people with disabilities, caring responsibilities and other needs or difficulties.
- As far as possible, meetings and events will be held in union buildings.
- A microphone will always be used for meetings, regardless of the perceived need for one.
- At least one social per semester will not be based around alcohol.
- Where possible, notes of workshops or talks during members meetings will be made available online in the members section of our website.
- A ‘discretionary fund’ has been implemented and is available to any member wishing to go to a FreshAir advertised event who is struggling with money. Applicants’ details will be confidential. More information here.
- The role of ‘welfare officer’ has been added to the Assistant Manager role so that members have a named person to go to should they so need.
- FreshAir.org.uk has a zero tolerance policy towards discrimination and discriminatory comments.